What is ISoP
The International Society of Pharmacovigilance (ISoP) is an international non-profit scientific organisation, which aims to foster Pharmacovigilance both scientifically and educationally, and enhance all aspects of the safe and proper use of medicines, in all countries.
These objectives will be met by:
- Encouraging and extending research in the field of pharmacovigilance
- Promoting a regular exchange of information bearing on Pharmacovigilance by means of meetings, symposia, workshops, and bulletins, and specifically organising ISOP congresses, including an Annual Meeting
- Encouraging pharmacovigilance education at all levels. Cooperating with other organizations and societies concerned with pharmacovigilance
- Publishing scientific and other relevant aspects of Pharmacovigilance
- Engaging in other activities which are pertinent to pharmacovigilance
- Seeking funds, and awarding grants, fellowships, subventions and other contracts to promote pharmacovigilance. (statutes art 1 & 2)
- ISoP should provide an authoritative view of the clinical application of pharmacoepidemiological results.
Overall, ISoP is committed to the view that:
- the Society should be both professional and convivial
- younger practitioners should have the opportunity to benefit from engagement with experienced scientists and enjoy training through personal contact
- ISoP's constituency is those engaged in the practical and clinical aspects of pharmacovigilance, the doers, and that the Society is committed to person to person communications
- ISoP may be able to provide assistance to individual countries to improve the coherence of their national systems
- ISoP must be aware of cultural, linguistic, organisational and regulatory diversity, and make provision for responding to differing needs and aspirations
Our working language is English.